In the Master’s Degree Programme in Global Innovation Management at the University of Turku, you will acquire advanced knowledge in innovation management related theories and practices and be able to develop and apply frameworks, which will help to understand how innovations are created, launched and managed in an international setting.
You will also learn how entrepreneurial activities are formed and which key strategies companies use in order to expand.
The competence gained in this programme opens up numerous career opportunities in different kinds of organisational settings and roles as well as the possibility to apply for doctoral training.
The extent of the Programme is 120 ECTS credits and the degree is designed to be completed in two years. In addition to major and minor studies, students must take language studies and need to complete methodology courses. Students should note that this is a full-time Programme and most courses have compulsory attendance.
In summary, the design of Global Innovation Management opens up a number of possible career opportunities in various organisational settings and roles.
Possible job titles include:
- category manager – external supply operations,
- branch manager,
- senior manager,
- marketing coordinator,
- managing director, and
- development manager.
Upon completion of the Master’s thesis, you:
- are able to apply the research methods on your area of specialisation in an independent research work that follows good scientific practice
- are able to choose and formulate a research problem and develop a research plan for conducting your study.
- can describe and analyse previous research connected to the research problem and select an appropriate research method for the study.
- can apply the selected research method to collect data and to critically analyse and report the research results.
- can identify the most significant research findings and communicate them both in writing and orally.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management View 44 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Finland
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the programme page for detailed degree requirements.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fee Free for citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, for citizens of non-EU/EEA countries €10,000/academic year
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.