The MSc Psychology program at University of Victoria, British Columbia is designed to give you extensive professional research training. You'll improve your professional writing and analytical skills as you create your thesis. You’ll engage with faculty-supervised research in one of the following areas:
- Cognition and Brain Sciences (e.g., embodied cognition, memory, visual perception)
- Social Psychology (e.g., interpersonal relationships, motivation, personality)
- Lifespan Health and Development (e.g., early development, aging, self-regulation)
- Individualized option (e.g., environmental psychology)
Areas of focus
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognition and Brain Sciences
- Lifespan Health and Development
- Social Psychology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Complete all of the following
- Complete all of:
- Research Apprenticeship
- Complete 3 units of: graduate-level statistics
- Complete 1 of the following
- Cognition and Brain Sciences Track
- Lifespan Health and Development Track
- Social Psychology Track
- Complete all of:
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Research Clinical Psychology View 15 other Masters in Educational Research in Canada
- An undergraduate degree in psychology or its equivalent with at least a B+ (6.0 GPA) average in the last two years leading to the degree is recommended.
- Applicants should have taken at least one course in applied statistics. In cases of an undergraduate degree in areas other than psychology, additional foundational coursework may be assigned at the discretion of the student’s supervisory committee as a requirement for the graduate degree.
Applicant must also provide a personal letter that:
International5074 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5074 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4022 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.