The Political Science program of University of Victoria, British Columbia focuses on topics like:
- Indigenous land claims and treaty rights
- (see the Graduate Certificate in Indigenous Nationhood)
- minority rights
- migration and refugees
- privacy and surveillance
- human security
- international law
- identity politics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative Politics Graduate Field Seminar
- Political Theory Graduate Field Seminar
- Themes in Contemporary Politics: "IR as Political Theory"
- Themes in Contemporary Politics: "Migration, Nationalism in Asia"
- Themes in Contemporary Politics: "The Politics of Colonialism"
- Themes in Contemporary Politics: "Politics of Human Rights in New Democracies"
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 41 other Masters in Political Science in Canada
- All applicants must have earned the equivalent of a "B" average over the last two years (or equivalent of 30 UVic units) of their degree to be considered.
- Practica, non-graded (pass-fail) courses, credit granted on the basis of life or work experience, or credit earned at institutions not recognized by the University will not be used in determining an applicant's grade point average or units completed.
- Any courses used in the calculation of the entering average cannot be used as credit toward a graduate degree program.
- Many academic departments require a higher average for admission to a Master's Degree.
- Statement of intent
- Writing sample
- English language proficiency (international students)
International5074 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5074 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4022 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.