The Life Science Informatics programme of University of Bonn is offered jointly by the University of Bonn and RWTH Aachen in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institutes at Sankt Augustin near Bonn. This interdisciplinary programme will educate the participant to successfully master the novel technical and economic challenges at the crossroads of biotechnology, medicine, pharmaceutics and computer science. The programme is distinguished by its international orientation, its focus on both natural science and IT competence, and its high level of integration of research and teaching.
The master's programme in Life Science Informatics consists of three main blocks:
- Computer science and mathematics for natural scientists,
- Basic principles of Life Science Informatics,
- Chemoinformatics and computer-aided drug design
- Biology of the cell and systems biology
More informationVisit official programme website
- Adjustment of Knowledge in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science
- Introduction to Life Science Informatics
- Molecular Modelling an Drug Design
- Knowledge Discovery
- Programming Lab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Informatics & Information Sciences View 61 other Masters in Biology in Germany
- Transcripts, also intermediate and preliminary transcripts
- Secondary school leaving certificate (with grades)
- TOEFL or IELTS test result (mandatory document)
- Entrance exam to university (only if applicable)
- Statement of purpose
- GRE test (not mandatory but helpful for the application)
- Copy of your passport
- At least one Letter of Recommendation by a University Professor
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.