Examine different teaching methods and learn why we use them with this Curriculum and Instruction program at University of Victoria, British Columbia. Dynamic learning opportunities will prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities in schools, community and business organizations.
Most of our programs are flexible and can be completed while you work. MEd programs are offered as cohorts that move through the program together.
Areas of focus
- Art education
- Curriculum studies
- Drama education
- Early childhood education
- Educational technology
- Language and literacy
- Mathematics and science education
- Music education
- Social, cultural and foundational studies
- This program will empower you to explore curriculum theories in practice. We foster critical analysis of shifting education discourses and their effects.
- This program will support you in becoming a more thoughtful and informed educator.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInstructional Design View 13 other Masters in Instructional Design in Canada
- For all degree programs, the following items are required to be uploaded when submitting an online application: resume, letter of intent, email contact information for two references, unofficial transcripts, and, for international students, TOEFL score. Official transcripts should be ordered after receiving the provisional admission email from Graduate Admissions and Records. Examples of writing are required if you are applying to the PhD program only. See Faculty Admissions for Graduate Studies requirements. All materials are to be sent to the Graduate Admissions and Records Office.
- The selection process is based on the strength of the application file and the availability of an appropriate supervisor.
- In addition to the usual admission requirements of the Faculty of Graduate Studies, applicants must have had at least two years of successful relevant professional experience.
International5074 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5074 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4022 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.