This Translation Studies MA program at York University is designed for two categories of students:
- those with a BA (Honours) in Translation and some experience in translation who wish to expand their knowledge and deepen their reflection on the practice
- those with a BA (Honours) in another discipline who have practiced translation or who have developed a scholarly interest in translation (in this case, a preparatory program is mandatory, corresponding to the student's individual profile)
Classes are held at Glendon, York's bilingual campus and courses are taught in English and French. Thesis and research work can focus on a wide range of language combinations.
Frost Library (Glendon) offers a comprehensive collection of specialized dictionaries, journals and glossaries.
Professors in the program are prominent members of the international translation studies community, many of them serving on the editorial/advisory boards of specialized journals or university presses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Desire in translation
- Fictional approaches to translaion
- Research methods in translation studies
- History of translation and cultural transfer
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 4 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in Canada
- Applicants are required to demonstrate competence, to the satisfaction of the Admissions Committee in two languages, one of which must be English.
- Resumé or CV
- Statement of interest
- For those who do not have a BA in Translation, an entrance examination is required. Contact the program for more information.
International12550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6275 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National2870 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1435 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Part time tuition fees:
- National students - $717
- International students - $3137
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.