We offer a master degree in Food Safety and Quality Assurance at the University Putra.
Malaysia Understanding the sound science behind food safety will ensure food produced is free from harmful biological, chemical and physical contaminants thus contribute to customer satisfaction and confidence.
- To produce graduates who are critical and analytical in thinking with strong knowledge grasp in food science area with emphasis on food safety and quality assurance for supporting continued advancement of food industry in Malaysia
- Curriculum in this programme emphasizes on both theoretical and practical aspects where critical thinking, lifelong learning, ethics and professional morals, communication skills, and leadership and teamwork skills are parts of the important learning system. Students are required to prepare a dissertation and present scientific findings in the form of seminar and scholarly writing
- Course contents are formed in line with latest development in food science involving knowledge application such as food innovations, food safety toxicology, current technology in food diagnostic as well as practiced food safety standard and regulation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structured in three semesters (1 1/2 year) and is taught in English
- Student must complete at least 42 credits to graduate which covers: 36 credit hours of compulsory courses (including 6 credit hours of Dissertation) and 12 credit hours of elective courses
- All classes are conducted after office hours (6.30pm-9.30pm) on weekdays. Lab sessions will be held on Saturdays 9.00 am – 12.00 pm (Semester 2)
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 11 other Masters in Food Sciences in Malaysia
- Applicants with good scholastic achievement in a Bachelor’s degree in disciplines related to the programme, with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 or its equivalent will be accepted, or
- CGPA 2.75 – 2.99 with a minimum of one (1) year working experience in the field of study, or
- CGPA 2.50 – 2.74 with a minimum of three (3) years working experience in the field of study
- An international applicant must obtained a minimum score of 550 for TOEFL Paper-based Test or Band 6.0 for IELTS (Academic Version), or 79–80 for TOEFL Internet-based Test or 213 for the TOEFL Computer-based Test, or Level 109 for CIEP, or their equivalent. TOEFL ITP is not acceptable. The validity period should not be more than five years.
International4979 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7469 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National2642 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3963 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- 17,800 MR for Local Students
- 33,550 MR for International Students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.