The curriculum in the Human Nutrition program at University of British Columbia includes coursework and thesis research through laboratory or field work in a variety of areas relevant to human nutrition including nutrient metabolism, diet and disease, nutrition through the life cycle and nutrition behaviours.
Graduates of our program have pursued academic positions at universities or colleges, consulting, or careers in health-related fields including medicine, dentistry, and others. Those who were registered dietitians before pursuing graduate study have gone on to senior clinical or administrative positions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research projects also examine environmental, social, and individual determinants of food choices and eating patterns; this includes better understanding of sociocultural effects on diet, and the impact living in “food deserts” can have on good health.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Application open dates and deadlines for an upcoming intake have not yet been configured in the admissions system.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Plant & Crop Sciences View 246 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8952 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.