You will develop your knowledge by analysing and evaluating problems and responding to genuine industry challenges in real time. This learning environment will inform critical thinking and improve your effectiveness as innovation designers.
You will have the opportunity to enhance your design skills and knowledge through theoretical and practical application individually and in multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary teams. As well as developing your collaborative behaviour through active learning and team work, analysing and evaluating problems and responding to challenges in real time.
The Design Innovation programme at Loughborough University will provide you with the experience of working in cross-cultural and interdisciplinary design-driven teams, facilitating the development of skills which are increasingly required by industry. Loughborough University London typifies Loughborough’s outstanding reputation amongst employers by engaging with even more businesses and collaborating with industry leaders and the public sector based in the capital.
What makes this programme different?
- Respond to genuine industry challenges in real time
- Working in cross-cultural and interdisciplinary design-driven teams
- Enhance your design skills
Upon graduating, you will be equipped with advanced knowledge to enhance your career opportunities in design and branding consultancies, in-house design and marketing departments as designers and design managers. You will become a professional versed with design skills and interdisciplinary teamwork. Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Identity, Culture and Communication
- Design Innovation Project
- Design Thinking
- Foresight and Strategy
- Meaning Making in Design
- Reflection and Action
- The Collaborative Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Any applications or results submitted after this date will only be considered if there are still places on the programme or time to obtain a student visa.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Innovation Management View 395 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- 2:2 (or above) in Design, Innovation, Business, Media, Technology or related subjects. Applicants from non-Design backgrounds require 55% and above in their final year.
International25500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.