The Advanced Master in European Integration ('EuroMaster') from the Brussels School of Governance is an evening programme (1 or 2 years) that first provides a solid interdisciplinary basis on the European integration process, and then allows the students to focus on two policy fields of the EU, choosing between Migration, Environmental Governance, External Relations Security, and Economy.
- The Programme operates as a “Master after Master”, requiring students to have strong and consistent marks across a minimum of 4 previous years of study.
- Its curriculum offers you the choice to study 2 policy field specialisations, which will be mentioned on your degree
- Students have the flexibility to obtain this Advanced Master degree in 1 or 2 years.
- It’s a very international programme and has a balanced classroom mix of young professionals and full-time students.
- Moreover, its limited class size allows for a lot of classroom interaction. Teaching staff is a unique mixture of renowned EU scholars and top-level EU practitioners who combine academic rigour with the latest practical insights and cultural diversity.
- Supported by the extensive expertise of our Office for Teaching, Learning and Innovation to accommodate sophisticated blended teaching methods
The Brussels School of Governance is an alliance between the Institute for European Studies (Vrije Universiteit Brussel) and Vesalius College. This Advanced MA in European integration is a programme that is organised by the Institute for European Studies, a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, and of which the degree will be awarded by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB).
Join our programme director, current students and alumni to learn more and ask your question about what it is like to study in Brussels at the BSoG. Register on our website for this exclusive webinar on 7 March at 18:00.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The EuroMaster offers a common core of 4 mandatory courses on the essential features of European Integration.
After these 4 mandatory courses, students have to take 2 pre-selected specialisation options, to be chosen from the list of 4 below:
- European Economy
- Migration and Europe
- European External Relations and Security Policy
- European Environmental Governance
Students also have to complete a Master Thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
We aim at providing applicants with a decision within two weeks from receiving their complete application file.
- Regular optional meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies Political Science View 22 other Masters in Political Science in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent of at least 240 ECTS in Social, Economic or Political Sciences, Business, Law and/or Contemporary History. If your degree is not within these disciplines, relevant work experience in these or related fields may qualify.
- Excellent study results for both prior degrees of 70% (2nd class honours upper division, Belgian equivalent; upper 2:1 UK equivalent, 2.8/4 GPA).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Students taking the programme in two years pay €3,000 per academic year, so €6,000 in total.
Living costs for Brussels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
A number of (partial) tuition fee waivers are available. Students can apply for such a waiver by writing a statement in the relevant section of the application form and attaching evidence of both merit and need to their application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.