With a strong policy and action-oriented approach, where research and lecturing activities reflect the transnational and transcultural dimensions of human rights studies, the Human Rights and Multi-level Governance programme from University of Padua provides professional knowledge and skills to promote and guarantee the respect of human rights.
Human rights law, multi-level governance of human sustainable development and security are conceptual paradigms of reference throughout the programme.
Graduates work as human rights officers, as researchers and policy planners in international, national and nongovernmental organisations, in the diplomatic service, in the public sector, in trade unions or political parties; as project managers and field officers of humanitarian aid; as journalists; as experts of social responsibility units and international relations departments within corporate organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Human rights (HR) and International Law
- HR in International Politics
- Refugee HR protection; Economic Globalisation and HR
- Economics of Human Capital
- Women’s/Children’s Rights
- HR Practice
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) is required, with proven skills in Political Sciences, International Relations, Sociology and International Law.
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
- You can often get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- You must take the original entry qualification documents with you when you finally go to the university.
- If you are admitted to the degree course, you will have to submit other documents including original and translated/legalised copies of your previous qualifications, etc. No legalised documents are required at application stage.
- B2 Level (CEFR) or equivalent (no certificate required)
International2529 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2529 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2529 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2529 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.