It is essential to keep IT knowledge and skills up to date. This Master of Information Technology at the University of Technology Sydney provides students with an enhanced understanding of the business context and technical developments shaping contemporary information and communications technology (ICT), and equips them to meet the challenges of working in the IT industry.
Depending on the major selected, career options include a wide variety of positions in the IT industry, including business intelligence expert, e-business developer, games developer, information systems manager, IT security analyst, IT security manager, ICT security analyst, IT security consultant, pen testing, IT project manager, movie animator, software architect, software quality/testing specialist and systems analyst.
UTS will be seeking continuing accreditation of its information technology courses, including the new Master of Information Technology, from the Australian Computer Society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMajors Include:
- Business Information Systems
- Data Analytics
- Interactive Media
- Software Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 45 other Masters in Software Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- It is a requirement that the bachelor's degree was completed with no more than 25 per cent of subjects failed.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International47136 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 982 AUD per credit during 24 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- Engineering and IT Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS FEIT International Mathematical Olympiad Scholarship Vietnam
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.