What is MESC ?
The MESC - Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion at University of Picardie Jules Verne is designed to provide a 2-year (120 ECTS) education program in Materials Science and Electrochemistry at 8 universities in 6 countries : France (Marseille, Toulouse, Amiens), Poland (Warsaw), Slovenia (Ljubljana), Spain (Bilbao), USA (Philadelphia) and Australia (Geelong). These universities host world-renowned, leading research laboratories in the field of energy-related materials.
For students who join MESC, European or non-European, it is also an opportunity to study in a multicultural environment since our students come from all over the world. That's why classes are taught in English by professors and researchers who interact through several Research networks, surch the Alistore European Research Institute or the French RS2E network.MESC Students have mobilities to a minimum of two and a maximum of four different countries.
The objectives and learning outcomes of the M.E.S.C. EMJMD are the following:
1- Assure an interdisciplinary training in the field of materials for energy storage and conversion, which includes a profound understanding of the chemistry and the methods of synthesis of such materials;
2- Give sound knowledge and practical experience in materials analysis;
3- Apply materials in energy technologies without greenhouse gas emissions, including batteries, hydrogen economy, photovoltaics;
4- Give the students expertise in modelling to predict the chemical and physical properties of energy materials;
5- Prepare the students for a career in the field of materials for energy, by offering them a robust experience in multidisciplinary sciences and engineering;
6- Train highly qualified and creative graduates for the labor market with the capacity to adapt and to find new technological solutions;
7- Educate engineers who can participate in the creation of new high-technology companies in the energy field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- General electrochemistry
- Solid-state chemistry
- Physical chemistry of materials : bonds, defects...
- Language (English)
- Application of surface treatment to the energy storage
- Energy storage and conversion 1
- Surface and Interface Analysis
- Materials Science and Modelling
- Polymer electrolytes
- Materials technology and fuel cells
- Energy storage and conversion 2
- Structural investigation and characterization of materials
- Thermal, structural, morphological analysis of materials
- Materials at the nano scale
- Energy sources & storage : demands & applications
- Laboratory practice and bibliographic thesis
- Modern techniques for the synthesis of nanomaterials
- Application of nanomaterials to energy storage & conversion
- Battery technology and benchmarking
- Materials for hydrogen storage
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Physics View 35 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- IELTS: minimum score required 6.5
- TOEFL: Minimum score required 550 (paper based) / 213 (Computer based) / 79 (Internet based)
- Cambridge exam: CAE
- CEFR: C1
- Applicants whose native language is English are exempted from taking a test.
- Applicants who have previously followed studies in English are allowed to provide a certificate from their university of origin stating that the medium of instruction was English.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Amiens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.