Translation Studies from University of Macau aims to foster a new generation of translators and interpreters with a professional outlook, linguistic and cultural competence, as well as the skills necessary to meet the challenges of both the local and international markets in the years to come. It also aims to provide a comprehensive and in-depth study of the multifaceted issues in translation and interpreting.
Our graduates and alumni are engaged in a wide range of careers, working as Professional translators and interpreters, Chinese, English or Portuguese language teachers, specialists in translation studies, writers, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Translating Cultures
- Translating for the Media
- Translation and Comparative Literature
- Translation of Legal Texts
- Translation of Texts in Popular Culture
- Translation of Texts in the Arts
- Translating Texts in Social Sciences
- Translation Criticism and Assessment
- Translation Project
- Translation Pedagogy
- Translation for Administration and Commerce
- Audio-visual Translation
- Theories and Practice of Interpreting
- Consecutive Interpreting
- Simultaneous Interpreting
- Conference Interpreting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 3 other Masters in Language Studies in Macao (SAR)
- Bachelor’s Degree with an overall result of Grade B- (73% minimum), in Translation, Portuguese Studies, English Studies or other subjects.
- Applicants may be required to take a proficiency test of language and translation and attend an admission interview. Non-local applicants may be interviewed online.
- Applicants should have achieved the equivalent of an overall result of Grade C+ or better in the Bachelor’s degree studies.The equivalent means 2.3 on the 4.0 GPA scale, 14 on the 20-point scale or 70 out of 100.
- Proof of English Proficiency - Obtained a Level 6 of the College English Test (CET) score of 430 or; Obtained a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based examination)/ 80 (Internet-based examination) or; An IELTS overall score of 6.0 or above with no sub-score lower than 5.5 or; Passed the Level 4 or Level 8 of the Test for English Majors (TEM).
International14348 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14348 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National11470 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11470 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National students tuition for Mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong Students - 102,600 MOP
- Macao students - 72,000 MOP
- International students - 128,340 MOP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.