Its modular structure allows you to personalise your choice of units and progress at a pace that best suits you, with a final phase focused on educational research via a dissertation.
Education (Special Educational Needs) degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire engages you with key issues in education and aims to encourage your evidence-based practice, as you make direct and meaningful connections between the course and your own experiences and aspirations.
The course helps you to broaden your knowledge educational ideas and research findings, as you identify and justify recommendations for further action. This places you in a better position to develop your work as a classroom practitioner or school leader.
Why choose this course?
- Study on a modular course designed for professionals in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), that allows you to accumulate credit at a pace that suits you, with assessments based around needs specific to your role in your educational organisation
- Explore the process of teaching, learning support and/or educational leadership, focusing on personal, academic and vocational interests relevant to your educational context
- Develop your understanding of assessment formats with a negotiated focus in support of both individual and organisational needs
- Gain from undertaking primary research that informs your current practice, as well as acquiring the necessary research skills to engage in future research and progress to a PhD or EdD programme
- Benefit from a course that provides a clear progression route following completion of your Initial Teacher Education (ITE) course, develops both you and the organisation within which you work and could be used as the basis for further study at doctoral level (PhD and EdD).
How will this course enhance my career prospects?This Master’s qualification will enhance your chances for promotion and for employment in other contexts. Master’s study supports promotion to senior positions in the field of education.The course is designed to help you engage, study and critique key issues in education as well as to be able to identify and justify recommendations for further action.As a Master’s graduate, therefore, you will have the confidence, knowledge and critical skills to prepare and present a strong application to senior posts in the field of education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation In Education (Special Educational Needs)
- Meeting Diverse Needs
- Research Methods In The Workplace
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 87 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
- To apply for a place on a postgraduate course (MA/MSc/MBA) at the University of Bedfordshire you should have a good first degree and the required English language qualification
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7840 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7840 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.