The programme considers in depth key areas of automotive technology. Its integrated design covers both the technological and management aspects of the motor industry. The programme aims to:
- equip you with the theory and the practice of relevant materials, technologies and analytical tools to provide solutions for automotive design and manufacturing problems
- provide the opportunity for you to use creativity and innovation in the application of technology to the development of the automobile
- focus on the links between vehicle programmes and the supporting skills of project management
- develop your skills and application experience through case studies and project work
- enhance your prospects of professional employment within the industry
Why choose this course?
- The University has been running automotive degree courses for almost forty years and is very well-established within the automotive industry;
- We have some 250 undergraduate and postgraduate students reading automotive engineering so are one of the largest providers of automotive engineering degree courses in the UK;
- We have excellent facilities in automotive engineering technology including a new automotive centre with engine test facilities
This Automotive Engineering programme, offered by University of Hertfordshire, is specifically designed to enhance the employment and promotional opportunities of graduates in mechanical and automotive engineering. It offers you an overview of the automotive industry which will be invaluable in job applications and will help to fast-track your career in the new product introduction phase of the industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Automotive Dynamics & Safety
- FEA & Applications
- Advanced Engines & Power Systems
- Operations Research
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Automotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 635 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (at least 2:2 or above) in mechanical or automotive engineering. Other disciplines may be considered.
- International qualifications will be considered on the basis of their equivalence to UK qualifications, typically guided by a resource such as the National Academic Recognition Information centre (NARIC).
- If you need to apply for a visa to enter the UK on acceptance to this course you will need to apply for an ATAS certificate before you are eligible to apply for UK entry clearance. Details of this requirement will be included in your offer. More information is available online.
International13950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.