The course focuses on developing teacher educators’ day-to-day practice as well as developing areas such as the design and teaching of teacher education programmes, the ability to conduct research to develop practice, and the ability to participate in debates about teaching and teacher education in your own subject.
It is designed to be integral to the participants’ day-to-day practice as teacher educators and blends online distance learning with one-week residential components in Oxford in years one and two.
The allocation of graduate supervision for this course is the responsibility of the Department of Education and it is not always possible to accommodate the preferences of incoming graduate students to work with a particular member of staff. Under exceptional circumstances a supervisor may be found outside the Department of Education.
This Teacher Education course at the University of Oxford is intended to provide the first systematic and sustained education for new and experienced teacher educators that are both school and university-based.
The course will enhance the participants’ skills as teacher educators and their ability to develop their practice through research, and to contribute to the education research community through their research activity including publications to professional and academic research journals.
Areas covered in the assessments include:
- exploring teachers’ beliefs about teaching and learning in your subject
- developing teachers’ knowledge bases in your subject
- analysing and developing teacher education sessions and programmes
- analysis and critique of research articles
- links between theory and practice
- construction of arguments for particular processes
- implications for teacher education.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications may remain open after this deadline if places are still available
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 448 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- Official transcript(s)
- Statement of purpose/personal statement: A maximum of 700 words
- Written work: Two essays of a maximum of 2,000 words each
- References/letters of recommendation: Three overall, all of which must be academic
International13470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13470 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6275 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.