At the MSc Media and Communication programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University you will also receive guidance in applying your own value system along corporate social responsibility lines in order to steer through the many pitfalls today’s globalised mediascapes present. You will graduate equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to become a leader and change agent in a media world full of exciting opportunities.
Media is at the heart of the majority of business operations today and to the uninitiated it presents a daunting, fast-changing picture. In this programme, we assist you in making sense of media phenomena, be they interactive, virtual reality-bound or associated with large legacy media complexes such as broadcasting or news gathering.
Graduates are well prepared for a career in ever-enlarging, international media environments that require multifaceted, disruptive and cutting-edge media skills and opinion leaders. Graduates can find employment in roles such as digital media entrepreneur, media company executive, digital change consultant, public relations executive, international media facilitator, and print or broadcast journalist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Media Cultures
- Contemporary Media Theories
- Digital Ethics
- Interactive and Emerging Technologies
- Contemporary Chinese Media environment
- Research Methods in Communication
- Practical Skills Development-Digital Video Production
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 June
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 June
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 7 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
- Equivalent academic qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12770 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National8513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12770 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 90,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.