Our core units will give you a solid foundation in the principles and practice of good journalism, and you’ll learn how to cover stories for print, web, TV, radio and how to adapt a story from one medium to another.
You'll then have the opportunity to develop a specialism and graduate with a bracketed degree title. Depending on your specialism, you could graduate with:
- MA Multimedia Journalism (Data)
- MA Multimedia Journalism (Magazine & Longform)
- MA Multimedia Journalism (International)
- MA Multimedia Journalism (Broadcast)
In the Multimedia Journalism course at Manchester Metropolitan University you’ll be taught by accomplished media professionals with backgrounds and connections in BBC TV and radio, local, regional and national newspapers and online news, so you can be sure you’re learning at the forefront of industry thinking and practice. And you’ll have the chance to develop your own industry connections through our placements, introducing you to the real working environment and enhancing your employability.
On successful completion of the course, you will be ideally placed to pursue a career at the forefront of multimedia journalism as a multi-skilled reporter or presenter.
Our past students are now working at home and in some cases abroad, as:
- Newspaper reporters
- Newspaper sub-editors
- Magazine reporters
- Feature writers
- Arts editors
- Music journalists
- Business journalists
- Online writers and editors
- Press Officers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Journalism Professional Practice (including ethical reporting)
- Media Law
- Broadcast Skills
- Online Journalism
- Convergence and Work Placement
- Dissertation (or equivalent such as a series of feature articles or a radio or TV documentary)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 54 other Masters in Media Management in United Kingdom
- You will normally have a lower second class UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in any discipline.
- Applicants whose first language is not English (and whose first degree was not taught in English) are required to produce evidence of English Language proficiency.
International17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
UK and Channel Island Students
- Part-time fee: £1542 per 30 credits studied per year.
EU and NON-EU International Students
- Part-time fee: £2917 per 30 credits studied per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.