- The Graduate Diploma of Environmental Planning at University of Tasmania addresses the central role of environmental planning in achieving environmental, social and economic sustainability. Essential planning theory is integrated with understandings drawn from biophysical, social, cultural, legal and public policy disciplines. Urban, regional and rural environments are considered, and emphasis is given to planning across all land tenures at catchment and landscape scales. Extensive use of case studies provides students with practical examples of major environmental planning issues.
- Teaching of units within the course is linked to an active staff and graduate student research program, and with staff involvements in community, government and industry planning activities. Students undertake an industry placement that provides an opportunity to incorporate the knowledge gained in the course into planning practice.
The GradDipEnvPlg can lead to positions in planning for urban, rural, regional and natural environments.
Environmental planners are employed by local and state governments across Australia, the Commonwealth Government, and private sector firms such as planning consultants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Planning: Theory, Process and Applications
- Statutory Land Use Planning
- Regional Planning - Economy, Environment, Society, Infrastructure
- Professional Placement
- Planning and Managing for Sustainable Systems
- Urban Planning and Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Sustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 40 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Australian Bachelor's degree in any discipline, preferably at credit level or better, or other tertiary qualifications deemed by the University to be equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33950 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.