Graduates will have experienced problem solving in the pharmaceutical and pharmacological sciences, and will have studied the global context of pharmaceuticals. Social and ethical implications of these studies will be emphasised.
The Pharmaceutical Science from University of Tasmania is designed to equip non-pharmacy graduate students with the fundamental knowledge and skills to enhance career opportunities within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries, academic pharmaceutical research, or pharmaceutical regulatory organisations.
It is expected that graduates may be employed in a variety of areas within the biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical industries - in the manufacturing, research, quality control and marketing of pharmaceuticals. Other organisations and institutions where employment could be expected include medical research institutes, hospitals and associated biomedical research laboratories, universities, government research laboratories, and government regulatory agencies. Other graduates will undertake Masters or PhD programs. Graduates will have an in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical sciences which will prepare them for careers in health and industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Laboratory Skills in Pharmaceutical and Chromatographic Science
- Analytical and Cell Culture Techniques
- Application of Chromatography in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Research
- Application of Cell Culture in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that international students should apply at least 3 months prior and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to the start date.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Health Sciences View 202 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 064285G
- Admission to most postgraduate coursework courses at the University of Tasmania require qualifications equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree. Applicants must achieve the required grade in their qualifying studies, meet any prerequisite subjects, and meet English language requirements to be eligible for an offer.
- Students are expected to have a minimum of a science-based bachelor's degree from the University of Tasmania or of another university or tertiary institution that is deemed equivalent, completed to a standard of achievement that is deemed acceptable by the College.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32950 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.