- Develop your ideas from concept to industry-standard final draft, developing your own voice, learning how to critique the work of others and make industry contacts to pitch for employment in this competitive industry
- All of our teaching staff have worked on Film, Television and multiplatform projects from BBC 1 and Channel 4 through to LEGO’s Character & Story division
- See your scripts come to life and contribute to others’ productions by working collaboratively with students across the framework
- This intense course allows you the opportunity to work both in teams in addition to producing individual writing pieces
- Successful participation in this course will enable you to emerge from the course as a writer with a distinctive authorial voice, with an industry-standard portfolio of scripts, experience of writing in a range of formats and genres and a robust attitude to collaboration and development
- You’ll graduate with an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, indicating professionalism and industry relevance, allowing you to benefit from attending events and networking with new entrants to the industry
- You’ll benefit from regular industry guest speakers and alumni. Previous speakers include; Ben Cookson - Feature Film Writer/Director, Waiting for Anya 2020, Almost Married 2014, Sally Rowberry - Head of Scripted development, Red Arrow Studios, Peter Fellows - Screenwriter, Death of Stalin 2017, Veep season 2, 2015, Louis Ackerman - Screenwriter, Into the Dark for HULU 2018, Lucy V Hay - Screenwriter, blogger, Bang2write and Sam Doland De Vaux - Screenwriter, Emmerdale.
The knowledge and skills you will gain from this degree will enable you to pursue relevant roles in the film and television industries such as a Director, Script supervisor, Script Editor, Scripted Development, Storyliner, Reader, Scriptwriter, Script Editor, and Creative Producer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scriptwriting Across Platforms & Genres
- Creative Story Development
- Professional Practice
- Master’s Production Project
- Master’s Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline for this course. However, if you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Theatre & Dance View 207 other Masters in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Fees shown are for 2022/23 entry, please visit the BU website for more information about fees.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.