This Education course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) includes portfolio and independent modules which do not require regular attendance at UWE Bristol, enabling flexible and distance study, as well as taught modules.
The later stages of this course require attendance at one compulsory taught module, Researching Education. This module is available as a summer school or evening class.
Why study the MA Education?
- We aim to produce critically reflective practitioners with a deeper understanding of their subject who link theory to practice on the basis of evidence based research.
- You will have access to research active staff with wide ranging experience and specialisms in Education.
- The MA Education is a flexible programme - you can choose from taught modules or work-based action enquiries, independent study or portfolios of professional development.
- You can often use existing credits you have from relevant study at UWE Bristol or elsewhere towards your total credits (e.g. M Level modules in a PGCE programme).
- Transformational Dimensions of Lifelong Learning
- Independent Study
- Teaching for Learning
- Beginning a Career: reflective practice for newly qualified teachers
- Evidencing Learning from Experience
- Researching Education
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 210 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Usually applicants will be required to hold an undergraduate degree (or equivalent). Applicants without a degree will be required to demonstrate suitability for study at master's level.
- Accredited Learning will be available up to a maximum of 90 credits for relevant qualification, eg PGCE, Cert Ed, Dip Ed. Accredited Experiential Learning may be available for attaching academic credit to recognised professional training/CPD courses, eg NPQH/SL/ML, MAST.
National845 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 845 GBP per module during 36 months.
Home Portfolio Module Fee (30 Credit) 845 GBPHome Taught Module Fee (30 Credit) 1250 GB
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.