- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of teaching, learning and educational research;
- Critically interpret research and demonstrate effective research skills to analyse and synthesise information and improve educational practice across diverse contexts;
- Analyse, generate, and communicate effective responses to complex problems;
- Demonstrate autonomy, expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility as an education specialist;
- Communicate effectively with a range of professional communities, including specialists and non-specialists, across a range of platforms.
1. Knowledge - Graduates will know and understand:
- The theoretical foundations and practice of education (including various specialisations) and how these have informed and can facilitate developments in educational practice from a global perspective;
- The inter-relationship of educational research, professional standards, and reflective practice in defining, validating and enhancing learning and teaching in local and global contexts;
- Research principles and methods applicable to extending and generating new knowledge in the area of education.
2. Skills - Graduates will:
- Critically reflect on and evaluate research findings and professional practice to creatively design, implement, assess and/or theorise responses to changing educational contexts and learner needs;
- Integrate education theory with specific content and/or pedagogical knowledge to advance learner outcomes and/or systemic developments in education contexts;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Educational Inquiry
- Improving Teaching and Practice through Action Research
- Applied Learning
- Early Childhood
- Health and Wellbeing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 22 other Masters in Educational Research in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code 00586B
Interested in studying the Master of Education you will need to meet the following requirements:If you are a In-Service Teacher
Hold an Initial Teacher Education (ITE) degree:
- Bachelor of Education,
- Bachelors degree with a Diploma of Education,
- Bachelors degree with a Bachelor of Teaching,
- Bachelors degree with a Master of Teaching,
- or equivalent ITE qualifications.
The University requires applicants for admission to the Master of Education degree to hold a Bachelor of Education or a degree in another discipline with a Diploma of Education, Bachelor of Teaching, or Master of Teaching, or equivalent qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31311 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46967 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.