The global market for aerial, ground, and marine Autonomous Vehicles has grown rapidly due to the advent of drones and driverless cars.
Defence, Aerospace, Automotive, and Marine Industries seek graduates conversant in key aspects of Autonomy including: dynamics & control, guidance & navigation, decision making, sensor fusion, data & information fusion, communication & and networking.
The Autonomous Vehicle Dynamics and Control offered by the Cranfield University begins with the fundamentals of autonomous vehicle dynamics and control, and progresses to the core subjects of guidance & navigation, decision making, sensor fusion, data & information fusion, communication & and networking. A choice of optional modules allows individual tailoring of these subjects to specialise in appropriate subject areas.
The taught part of the course is followed by Individual Research Projects (IRPs) and the topic of each of the IRPs is provided by one of the member of the Industrial Advisory Board. The real-world relevance of the IRP topics is another unique feature of our MSc course and can be another effective differentiator in the job market.
The industry-led education makes Cranfield graduates some of the most desirable all over the world for recruitment by companies competing in the autonomous vehicle market including:
- BAE Systems
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory
- Other companies from our Industrial Advisory Board.
Graduates from this course will be equipped with the advanced skills which could be applied to the security, defence, marine, environmental and aerospace industries. This approach offers you a wide range of career choices as an autonomous systems engineer, design engineer or in an operations role, at graduation and in the future. Others decide to continue their education through PhD studies available within Cranfield University or elsewhere.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Flight Dynamics
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Flight Control Systems
- UAS Modelling and Simulation
- Sensor Fusion
- Artificial Intelligence for Autonomous Systems
- Guidance and Navigation for UAS
- Autonomous Vehicles Control Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 40 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in United Kingdom
- A first or second class UK Honours degree in engineering, or an equivalent degree in engineering, engineering science, physics, applied mathematics or other appropriate applied science.
- Applicants who do not fulfil the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Masters programme, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- GREAT China Scholarship
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.