The Accounting program of the University of Washington Bothell provides the foundational knowledge necessary for future CFOs and leaders of accounting firms and provides credits needed to satisfy the fifth year educational requirement necessary for CPA examination eligibility. Learn how you can work while you earn your degree here.
Forensic Accounting, one of the MS Accounting program classes offered, gives students the opportunity to apply and test their knowledge and help solve active cases with the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office. Read coverage about this class and the recent cases by The Everett Herald and UW Bothell.
Flexibility & Convenience: We value your time commitment. Evening and weekend classes offered in Bellevue and Bothell accommodate busy work schedules. We offer degree plans for full-time or part-time attendance.
High-Impact Learning: We emphasize close student-faculty interaction and critical-thinking to provide an inclusive learning environment. We teach students to process and analyze data, using Big Data Tools.
Trust: Employers want quality accounting graduates from quality business schools. The UW Bothell School of Business is accredited by the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB-accredited schools have better programs, better faculty, better students with higher overall GPAs, more international students, more employers that recruit from them, and graduates that receive better salaries. Less than 5% of the world’s 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB Accreditation.
Value: Graduate school is one of the biggest investments you will ever make in yourself. What is your ROI? UW Bothell is ranked best in the state by Money magazine in terms of educational quality, affordability and career earnings. The MS Accounting degree will not only satisfy the academic credit hours required to sit for the CPA exam, it will increase your knowledge, build your confidence and provide the means to differentiate yourself in a competitive work environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Accounting Theory
- Seminar on Financial Accounting
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Advanced Managerial Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Seminar on Strategic Cost Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 702 other Masters in Finance in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Have earned the U.S. equivalent of a 3.0 or above grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) for the last 90 graded quarter credits or 60 graded semester credits.
- Be proficient in English: Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Online application statement of purpose.
- Copies of transcripts from each post-secondary school where a degree was earned.
- Two recommenders as instructed in the application.
International22738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11369 USD per semester during 12 months.
National22738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11369 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13008 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6504 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.