The University of Oxford is a world leader in Immunology. This means that you will be taught by leading academics in immunology throughout the first two terms of the MSc, and that you will undertake your third term project in a top-ranked research department.
The Integrated Immunology at the University of Oxford course provides comprehensive and in-depth training in immunology for science and medical postgraduates.
The allocation of graduate supervision for this course is the responsibility of the Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences and it is not always possible to accommodate the preferences of incoming graduate students to work with a particular member of staff. Under exceptional circumstances a supervisor may be found outside the Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences.
. Over those years, about half of alumni from the MSc have gone on to graduate research degrees, with a number of those taking up DPhil positions in Oxford.
Over a third of alumni from the MSc have continued to medical school, including Oxford, or progressed to higher specialist medical training. A small number have also taken up positions in the pharmaceutical sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MSc course is not modular, ie all teaching elements are compulsory for all students and there are no options for students to choose.
- Continuing professional development classes, including presentation and IT skills, statistics, ethics and clinical trial methodologies, take place throughout both taught terms.
- In the third term you will undertake an original, supervised research project to gain an understanding of research techniques in immunology or a related area. Research supervisors provide regular supervision and guidance during the course of the research project.
- At the end of each taught term, you will take a computer-based examination to test core knowledge.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Genetics View 450 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Official transcript(s)
- Statement of purpose/personal statement: A maximum of 700 words
- Written work: Two essays of a maximum of 2,000 words each
- References/letters of recommendation: Three overall, all of which must be academic
International40500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8570 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8570 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.