This 18-month program is designed for physiotherapists wanting to gain advanced skills in musculoskeletal physiotherapy or sports physiotherapy. It will deepen your understanding of evidence-based practice, biological and medical sciences, pain and disability, and therapeutic exercise. You'll develop your knowledge through advanced coursework, research and clinical placements.
Through the Master of Physiotherapy offered at the University of Queensland, you'll gain in-depth knowledge and advanced clinical skills which will enable you to critically evaluate and contribute to research in your clinical specialisation.
The program is flexible, with multiple delivery options, including part-time, on campus and online courses. You'll finish your final four courses on-campus in just one semester (full-time) or across 2 semesters (part-time). You'll also have the option to obtain a second master’s degree in the alternate field of study through an additional semester of full-time coursework.
- Enjoy a flexible program that includes part-time external study and an option of intensive full-time study.
- Upskill and specialise by gaining extra qualifications to broaden your knowledge and career.
- Develop your clinical expertise through supervised placements at UQ's musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapy clinic.
- Learn from award-winning physiotherapy educators and researchers.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapist
- Sports physiotherapist
The Master of Physiotherapy is accredited by:
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Reasoning in an Evidence Based Practice Paradigm
- Pain, Disability and the Biopsychosocial Model in Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy
- Clinical Reasoning and the Biomedical Model in Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy
- Exercise is Musculoskeletal and Sport Physiotherapy
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Sports Physiotherapy
- 6 months
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 313 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
CRICOS code: 102796K
- An approved degree in physiotherapy, as well as 2 years full-time relevant professional experience and evidence of continuing professional education; or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Entry is competitive based on GPA.
- The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0. The GPA cut-off for those offered a place in 2021 was 5.12.
International48176 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48176 AUD per year during 6 months.
National31040 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31040 AUD per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.