The Master of Architecture from University of Queensland is the second stage required to obtain a professional qualification in architecture, and builds on your core skills developed as an undergraduate.
Through your masters study at UQ you'll gain a greater understanding of why architecture is such a dynamic and demanding profession, making a positive contribution to the shaping of our built environment and our culture.
You'll also hone the essential skills of an architect, and your abilities to design buildings and spaces with an inherent concern for human living and society.
- Study at UQ's School of Architecture, a national leader in architectural education and research that's renowned for pushing the envelope of innovation.
- Engage in a well established program fully accredited by all Australian state and territory architect registration boards who are recognised around the world.
- Prepare for a dynamic profession where you'll provide design solutions for the many questions facing our growing cities and changing environments.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Industrial sector architect
- Architectural designer
- Project delivery architect
- Practice manager
- Architectural technician
- Associate architect
The Master of Architecture is accredited by:
- Board of Architects of Queensland and The Australian Institute of Architects
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Contemporary Architecture Theory & Practice
- Building Futures: Advanced Structures and Software
- Architectural Practice: Business Management
- Architectural Practice: Project Management
- Advanced Architectural Design
- Institutions and Ideology
- Landscapes and Architecture
- Utopian Urbanism
- Material Experiments
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning View 24 other Masters in Urban Planning in Australia
CRICOS code: 060311K
- Bachelor of Architectural Design from UQ or degree equivalent to a standard Australian bachelor degree in Architecture with a GPA of at least 4.5 on a 7 point scale
- OR Bachelor of Architectural Design from UQ or degree equivalent to a standard Australian bachelor degree in Architecture with a GPA of at least 4.0 on a 7 point scale and 6 months full time postgraduate work experience.
- Applicants holding qualifications other than BArchDes from UQ must have a minimum GPA of 5 in each of the two most recent design courses in architectural studies at either Bachelor or Master level.
International41536 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41536 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29760 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29760 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.