This Sport Management and Marketing programme at Birkbeck, University of London will help you to develop a deeper understanding of management, governance and regulatory issues within the business of sport. It also provides an understanding of the relevance of marketing for sports organisations.
Teaching is informed by the activities of the academic staff in the Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, Birkbeck’s designated research centre for the study of sport business.
- The programme provides a comprehensive review of the theory and practice of the business and management and marketing of sport.
- The Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- Linked to Birkbeck's Sport Business Centre, one of the world's leading centres for sport business and football research, teaching, training, consultancy and policy advice.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in the governance function for sport governing bodies, professional sport clubs such as football clubs, and for public bodies involved in the administration of sport policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marketing Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- Research Methods in Management (Postgraduate)
- Sport Economics and the Design of Competitions
- Sport Event Management
- Sport Governance
- Sport Marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesMarketing Sports Management View 403 other Masters in Marketing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
International students who complete the Sport Management pathway on the International Foundation Programme for Postgraduate Study (Graduate Diploma) by passing all four modules, including passing Approaches to Business and Management with 60%, are given automatic progression to this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time home/EU students: £5775 pa
- Part-time international students: £8925 pa
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.