The Master of Chemistry (Leuven) programme prepares the student to conduct solid research in an academic or industrial setting. Students apply the newly acquired knowledge and skills to identify a research question, to establish its chemical and social context, and to design a pathway to address this particular question.Strengths
- The Department of Chemistry aims to develop research programmes dedicated to solving problems in the domains of design, synthesis and the characterisation of new compounds for medicinal and materials applications.
- Students will learn about sustainable synthetic chemistry and hydrometallurgy, and determination and theoretical prediction of the chemical properties of biomolecules and polymers on the molecular, as well as on the materials level by spectroscopy, microscopy and other tools.
- Students will have the extensive resources of the faculty network at their disposal and get a foot in the door to employment, or to pursuing further academic interests.
Many career options are available to our graduates. More than half of our alumni work in industry, while others are employed within academia and other research institutes.
The chemical industry is a major sector throughout Europe and the world. Possible employment in industry is enhanced by obtaining a PhD. Professional domains where chemists are required include petrochemistry, the medical sector, the pharmaceutical industry, agrochemistry, food industry, government and public administration, and other research institutes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Polymer Sciences: from Synthesis to Polymer Material
- Industrial Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Most recent information on the programme website: kuleuven.be/ma/MCHEMEL
International947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 947 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 947 EUR per year during 24 months.
Most recent information on www.kuleuven.be/tuitionfees
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.