The Economics of the Middle East programme offered by Philipps-Universität Marburg is run as a close collaboration of the Center for Near and Middle East Studies (CNMS) and the School of Business and Economics (FB02) at Philipps-Universität Marburg.
We offer a wide range of courses including Islamic finance, political economy, natural resources, corruption, shadow economy and demographic transition. The third semester allows for a choice between specialisations tracks in 'Institutional Economics', 'Finance & Accounting' or 'Management'. Alternatively, our students can opt for an optional semester abroad at one of our partner universities in the MENA region.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Intro to MENA Region
- Economic Analysis
- MENA Economics
- Master's Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Area & Cultural Studies View 81 other Masters in Economics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business or theoretical economics
- Completed and signed application form (this form is available after the online submission of your application in uni assist).
- Proof of undergraduate degree (i.e. graduation certificate).
- Transcript of records.
- Official explanation of the grading system at your university.
- Curriculum Vitae in tabular form (1 DIN-A4 page maximum length).
- A letter of motivation in English language explaining why you would like to study in the EMEA programme (2 DIN-A4 pages maximum length).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
The University of Marburg does not charge tuition fees. However, students do have to pay administrative fees in the amount of about 300 Euros per semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.