- Our objective in the Development Practice from Columbia University is to empower and support you through a combination of core and elective courses, skills development, and real-world practice.
- We support diverse, work-experience opportunities during the program, including a 3-month professional placement, a client-oriented, team capstone project, and internships.
- Upon graduation, you will be ready to apply these competencies with leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors or create your own enterprise, as many of our students have done.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Your academics will cover a wide range of disciplines and sectors, including core courses in sustainable development, economics, statistics, global food systems, and more.
- In addition, you will also choose to focus your degree in a particular area, such as Agriculture, Food Security, and Nutrition; Disaster, Emergencies, and Crisis Management; or Gender, Human Rights, and Social Inclusion, to name a few.
- Your coursework will also be supplemented by a three-month required professional summer placement with established partner organizations around the world, providing you with practical work experience in sustainable development practice and a holistic learning experience.
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership International Development View 132 other Masters in International Development in United States
- Have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution prior to enrolling at SIPA.
- Provide valid GRE or GMAT test scores.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language adequate for study at the masters level. A score of at least 100 on the TOEFL Internet-based exam or 7 on the IELTS exam is required in order for your application to be reviewed.
International35012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61272 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
National35012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61272 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.