The Postgraduate Certificate in Education (English) at King's College London is led by an experienced team of English educators with a reputation for excellence in their training methods.
- PGCE courses at King’s are rated Outstanding by Ofsted. One reason is the strong research base which informs the course. In the last research assessment exercise, the department was rated second in the UK (REF, 2014).
- Excellent links to cultural institutions such as the Globe and the National Theatre that expand learning beyond the confines of the classroom
- A working partnership with a broad range of up to 150 schools in London and beyond, providing unique opportunities to learn how to teach a diverse mix of students.
- Two assessed pieces of coursework give you 60 Master’s-level credits – a third of an MA – which puts you well on the way to a Master’s degree in your chosen profession.
Career prospectsThe majority of trainees go into teaching or other areas of education; many become heads of departments or members of senior management teams; some take up careers in educational administration in the advisory or inspection services.
- Studying Policy & Professional Studies
- Focused Pedagogical Resources
- Professional Practice in Education
- School Data
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no specific deadline for applications. Applications will be considered subject to the availability of places.
DisciplinesEducation View 829 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
The PGCE programmes all require a minimum of a bachelor's degree with at least 2:1 honours (or overseas equivalent). A variety of subjects will be acceptable:
- Single honours English or joint honours (with English as half)
- Academic theatre studies degrees (but candidates have to make up the gaps in subject knowledge during the course of the year)
- Communications, media or linguistic degrees, depending on what the degree entailed (in particular, any substantial amount of textual examination).
International19800 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.