The Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Biology) at King's College London is taught by an internationally-recognised science education group with over three decades of acclaimed research.
- PGCE courses at King’s are rated Outstanding by Ofsted. One reason is the strong research base which informs the course. In the last research assessment exercise, the department was rated second in the UK (REF, 2014).
- A working partnership with a broad range of up to 150 schools in London and beyond, providing unique opportunities to learn how to teach a diverse mix of students.
- Prepare students to teach outside the classroom: there is a residential field-trip and several other opportunities to make best use of what London has to offer the science teacher, from the South Bank to the Natural History Museum.
- Two assessed pieces of coursework give you 60 Master’s-level credits – a third of an MA – which puts you well on the way to a Master’s degree in your chosen profession.
Career prospectsThe majority of trainees go into teaching or other areas of education; many become heads of departments or members of senior management teams; some take up careers in educational administration in the advisory or inspection services.
- Studying Policy & Professional Practice
- Focused Pedagogical Studies
- Professional Practice in Education
- School Data
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Biology View 353 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Our PGCE programmes all require a minimum of:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2:1 honours (or overseas equivalent) usually in the subject you wish to teach.
- Knowledge and understanding of the subject you intend to teach. GCSE grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) in English language and mathematics. Applicants without these English or mathematics qualifications at the time they apply may be considered, but they must obtain them, or pass an equivalent test set by King's, before the course starts.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.