As a student on this International Relations course from Newcastle University you develop:
- advanced knowledge and understanding of areas such as international relations theory and international studies topics
- knowledge of the more important approaches and methods in social science research and the techniques required to carry out advanced research
- theoretical and practical research skills, including the synthesis of materials from a variety of primary and secondary sources
You develop the specialist knowledge and research skills through rigorous training in international relations theory and in theories and approaches to the study of politics. This enables you to embark on a career with significant international dimensions or pursue a postgraduate research degree in international studies.
We have a student-run Politics Postgraduate Society which brings together MA and PhD students to organise academic and social events. The Society runs
- professional development seminars, led by academic staff
- seminars delivered by fellow postgraduates
- round-table discussions with staff and visitors
- the 'New Voices' seminar series, for exciting young external speakers
- a weekly film night during term time
Key staff include Professor Hartmut Behr.
Teaching takes place on Newcastle University's city centre campus. Small group seminars, of no more than 15 students, create a highly positive and intimate learning environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of International Relations
- Thinking About Politics
- Career Development for Masters Level Students (Cracking Careers: Exploring and Driving Your Career Options)
- Integration in Europe
- Theories and Theorists of International Political Economy
- American Foreign Policy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We suggest international students apply at least two months before the course starts. This is so that you have enough time to make the necessary arrangements.
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 426 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in international studies/politics or a related discipline is preferred.
- We will also consider your application on an individual basis if you have lower or non-standard qualifications and relevant professional experience.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU Part time: £3,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.