An Environment and Natural Resources degree from The Ohio State University offers flexibility and diversity in meeting students’ educational, research and career objectives. While the creative idea for investigation may originate with the student’s advisor, the student must demonstrate that he or she has made a rigorous attempt to become familiar with literature relevant to the research topic, identify questions that can realistically be pursued as a thesis, design and carry out studies or experiments to address those questions, analyze the results, and incorporate those results into a coherent Master’s Thesis.
Students have extensive freedom to customize the course selection in their program of study and include interdisciplinary coursework from other university departments. Our faculty members specialize in seven different areas:
- Ecological Restoration
- Ecosystem Science
- Environmental Social Sciences
- Fisheries and Wildlife Science
- Forest Science
- Rural Sociology
- Soil Science
Graduates of the program enter careers in environmental science, resource science, policy and management, administration, research, or education and many continue graduate studies at the doctoral level.
- Freshwater Fisheries Management
- Methods in Aquatic Ecology
- Group Studies
- IJS Environmental Impact Assessment
- International Environmental Impact Assessment
- Wetland Ecology and Restoration
- Wetland Field Laboratory
- Soil Landscapes: Morphology, Genesis and Classification
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, Local
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Environmental Sciences View 89 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United States
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
International38279 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38279 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National35027 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35027 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12523 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12523 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.