At a Glance
- For those who wish to pursue a career in public health in the UK and internationally
- You will study how to apply research findings to improve health and health services
- Provides a broad-ranging preparation for the Part A examination of the Faculty of Public Health
About this course
This Public Health programme from Newcastle University is for those who wish to pursue a career in public health in the UK and internationally with:
- the UK National Health Service (or its equivalent abroad)
- local government
- the voluntary sector
- academic healthcare
A public health doctor must consider issues at many levels, including:
- societal (eg health inequalities)
- demographic (ageing and long term conditions)
- cultural (eg changing public attitudes to health and wellness)
- social (eg drug and alcohol abuse)
On the MPH in Public Health, you will address these issues and others, with a range of advanced research skills, analyses, and interventions. You will study how to apply research findings to improve health and health services
The MPH provides a broad-ranging preparation for the Part A examination of the Faculty of Public Health. Our teaching has been mapped against the Faculty’s competencies for public health practitioners to ensure that we continue to provide an excellent academic training.
The Public Health MSc is based in the Institute of Health & Society in Newcastle University’s medical school, the Faculty of Medical Sciences. The Institute, headed by Prof Allyson Pollock, is one of the UK’s leading public health departments.
The Institute is committed to undertake research and teaching to:
- reduce health inequalities
- address social injustice
- improve population health locally, nationally, and internationally
- Fundamentals of Research
- Health Statistics
- Public Health Intervention
- Health Care Quality
- Introduction to Systematic Reviewing and Critical Appraisal
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application closing date for this course, but we recommend that you apply by the start of September.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 771 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in a medical, health or social sciences discipline. You can also apply if you have successfully completed the fourth year of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course, or equivalent.
- If you have a different background you will be considered on an individual basis. If you have non-standard qualifications then you will be invited to an interview.
International22800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.