Lecturers will supervise you while you are independently performing experiments and go through the whole process of conducting a scientific drug-related study.
The programme therefore is an excellent preparation for a succeeding PhD programme in the biological, medical or pharmaceutical sciences or for a career in industry, as a consultant or policy maker. You will be in the lead to design your own research programme or may choose a clear track which will prepare you or specialist positions.
- During the Medical Pharmaceutical Sciences degree programme at University of Groningen you will learn and practice academic skills such as retrieving and systematic reviewing relevant literature on your topic, formulating hypotheses, design and perform experiments, and interpret, present and scientifically report your results.
- The programme therefore is an excellent preparation for a succeeding PhD programme in pharmaceutical, biological, or medical science (approx. 60%) or for a career in industry (approx. 30%), as a consultant (5%) or policy maker (5%).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General research programme
- Drug Toxicology and Translational Technology
- Pharmaco-epidemiology and Pharmaco-economics
- Pharmaceutical Design and Engineering
- Science, Business and Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Health Sciences View 100 other Masters in Health Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy, or related research fields (e.g. Molecular Biology, Biology, Biomedical Sciences) focusing on knowledge and skills at the interface of molecular and cellular biology, organic chemistry and biochemistry, and pharmaceutical sciences.
- Laboratory experience and proof of academic scientific writing skills (such as thesis or research report) are required. The admissions board determines whether the specific contents of this/these course(s) meet the admission requirements of the master programme for which you applied.
International18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.