In particular, the Artificial Intelligence and Automation Engineering programme offered by the University of Siena is focused on human-machine interaction in a wide sense, spanning topics such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, high performance processing of massive data collections, human-robot interfaces, and systems for production automation.
The Master’s graduate in Computer and Automation Engineering can find jobs in industries, public companies, financial institutions and research centres, whose R&D divisions carry out activities in the fields of information systems, industrial automation and robotics. Furthermore, the MSc in Computer and Automation Engineering allows students to access PhD programs in the areas of Information Engineering.
More specifically, the professions which are more suitable to the computer and automation engineer are those requiring advanced competences and skills on: industrial automation and process control; robotic systems; modelling and simulation of dynamical systems; data analysis; information systems; systems including artificial intelligence; design of hardware/software integrated systems; man-machine interfaces exploiting natural language; human-robot interfaces; design and management of biological databases.
Graduates in Computer and Automation Engineering can access the Italian Professional Society of Engineers, Information Engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automata and Queueing Systems
- Big Data
- High Performance Computer Architecture
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Digital Image Processing
- Models and Languages for Bioinformatics
- Network Optimization
- Test of Competence in English – B2
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesRobotics Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 17 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- After you have applied, an Enrolment Committee will assess your competencies and skills against the requirements of the MSc Programme.
- Your application will be processed only if the GPA of your undergraduate degree is above the minimum values reported here: list of minimum GPA by country
- a background in mathematics, statistics and physics, equivalent to the one achieved in first-level (B.A.) engineering degrees;
- basics principles of computer science, control, electronics and telecommunications;
- basic programming skills.
International756 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 756 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA756 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 756 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The tuition fee is calculated according to the country of origin and ranges from a minimum of € 756 to a maximum of € 2,626 (per year).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.