By addressing both mainstream and critical approaches, GPE students will be encouraged to think in a reflective and challenging way about issues like global financial crisis, international trade, global distribution of labour, migration, gender politics, global security, global governance, and environment.
- The Global Political Economy programme at Stockholm University highlights three main perspectives that run through all courses and will serve as guiding principles to understand the emergence of GPE and its roots and implications in world affairs today: economics, history and power.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Although the ambition is to present a multidisciplinary approach to GPE, the main focus theoretically and methodologically is within the fields of economic history and international relations.
- The program provides the necessary tools to analyze the international community’s evolution and the making of our world order, especially in the post-War period. The program will prepare students for a professional as well as scientific career.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Political Science View 28 other Masters in Political Science in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 180 ECTS credits with at least 90 ECTS credits in Economic History, International Relations, Global Development or equivalent topics such as History, Human Geography, Economics, Business Administration, Anthropology, Sociology or Political Science including a thesis or other independent project of at least 15 ECTS credits.
- Swedish upper secondary school course English B/6 or equivalent.
International8937 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17875 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.