Amsterdam is the perfect setting for this Entrepreneurship programme offered by the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam as it hosts a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem.
This perfect setting is enforced by the joint character of the MSc, as it is jointly offered by two renowned universities: the University of Amsterdam and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. We are convinced that you will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that prepare you for a bright and entrepreneurial future, anywhere in the world.
The MSc in Entrepreneurship is a joint master’s programme offered by VU Amsterdam and the University of Amsterdam (UvA). Both our universities enjoy a reputation for teaching and research excellence and have invested in a growing group of researchers dedicated to entrepreneurship.
United in the Amsterdam Center for Entrepreneurship, we work closely with the private sector, NGOs, and the Municipality of Amsterdam, ensuring that our work focuses on the most pressing issues of business and society.
The intensive cooperation between these two leading institutions enables you to benefit from the best of both worlds. Upon graduation you will be awarded a joint VU-UvA Master’s degree. This degree is recognized internationally.
- The MSc Entrepreneurship provides academic and entrepreneurial skills as well as knowledge of and insight into entrepreneurship issues. Accordingly, graduates are equipped to analyze entrepreneurship issues from a range of perspectives (social, societal, economic, ethical), are able to be critical about theoretical and practical solutions chosen, and can develop their own alternatives with solid foundations.
- Graduates from this Master’s are able to assess and bring to life innovative, viable, high-quality ideas in a number of contexts (a new firm, an existing organisation, profit-oriented/social/mix, diversity of industries). The programme gives you an academic work and thought level, as well as the high level of knowledge and skills needed to accomplish such efforts.
Promotion alumni sessions Master’s day
During the Master’s day, you can also meet our (international) alumni during several workshops. In these sessions they will tell you more about career opportunities after finishing your Master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- New Venture Creation & Development
- Social Dynamics in Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Challenge
- Entrepreneurship in Science & Technology
- Entrepreneurship in the Services Industry
- Cultural Entrepreneurship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- EU/EEA or Dutch students: 1 June
- Non-EU/EEA students who do not need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 June
- Students who need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 April.
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship View 22 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
There are strict admission criteria. These are set by the Admissions Board, which also decides on individual applications. Applicants are required to have an academic knowledge basis in Business Administration as well as basic knowledge of research methodology and sufficient analytical and statistical skills. For more information about the admission criteria please refer to the programme website.
International17090 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17090 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.