The Biomedical Engineering program at Northwestern University is targeted toward students who seek a career in the biomedical industry. Applicants are expected to have a bachelor's degree in engineering or in a field of quantitative science. Students without engineering degrees should have an adequate background for graduate-level mathematics and engineering courses. This means that your background should include courses in ordinary differential equations, computer programming, and basic engineering.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering offers two tracks for master’s degree students:
- MS without thesis - This is a course-based MS program. The twelve courses required to complete the program can typically be completed in three quarters.
- MS with thesis - This program is targeted toward students who are interested in pursuing both coursework and independent study. It is typically completed in 2 years.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Systems Physiology
- Introduction to Computational Neuroscience
- Introduction to Applied Partial Differential Equations
- Modeling Experiments and Data
- Biomechanics of Movement
- Mechanics of Biological Tissues
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 870 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Submit an application online.
- Pay an online application fee by credit card.
- Submit your Statement of Purpose.
- Upload your transcript or academic record.
- Submit your test scores (if required by your admitting program).
- Upload two or three Letters of Recommendation.
International37378 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18689 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National37378 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18689 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- per quarter: $18,689
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.