At Economics from University of Ottawa research is rich, innovative and varied, contributing to the depth of understanding and breadth of discussions on a variety of issues nationally and internationally. This research, whether it be fundamental, theoretical, applied or action-oriented, is generated by our renowned expertise, ultimately culminating in applications designed to influence individual communities and the betterment of society.
Students at Economics from University of Ottawa will gain knowledge in:
- International Studies
- Public Policy
- Health, Well-Being
- Justice, Society
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Economic Growth
- Post-keynesian Theory: Value And Production
- Stage Coop I / Co-op Work Term
- History Of Economic Thought And Methodology
- Economic System Design
- Applied General Equilibrium Modelling
- Public Economics: Expenditure
- Public Economics: Taxation
- Topics In Theory Of Public Economics
- Topics In Environmental And Resource Economics
- Topics In Industrial Organization
- Industrial Organization
- Economics Of Natural Resources
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 76 other Masters in Economics in Canada
- An honours bachelor's degree in Economics, or the equivalent, is required for admission to the master's program. An average of at least "B" (70%) is required in the honours undergraduate program.
- Applicants may, in some cases, be admitted to a qualifying program designed to bring their knowledge to the level required to pursue a master's in Economics. To proceed to the master's level, a new application must be submitted.
- 2 Recommendation letters
- English Proficiency
- Resume required
International18346 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9173 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.