The Tufts University Department of Music has a growing and innovative graduate program and offers a Master of Arts degree in the field. Graduate students in the Music Department have the unique opportunity to study broadly across four exciting sub-disciplines:
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
For more information please check the programme`s website.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 969 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee - The application fee of $75 is payable through the online application by credit card or e-check (drawn on a US bank).
- Academic Records
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement - You are required to upload a personal statement describing your reasons for wanting to pursue graduate study at Tufts. Please limit your personal statement to a maximum of five pages.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Additional Requirements - Applicants to the graduate program are expected to have a degree at the level of Bachelor or Master in chemical engineering. Requirements include a basic knowledge of physics and calculus, particularly differential equations.
International51288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51288 USD per year and a duration of .
National51288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51288 USD per year and a duration of .
Tuition, Scholarships, StipendsThe Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) provides resources to departments to offer, on average, a half tuition scholarship to each accepted student. Students who receive half scholarships pay tuition for the first year and not the second.
Students can be accepted with full tuition scholarship or with none.
The GSAS also provides a fund to departments to offer stipends to graduate students for teaching assistantships. The Music Department typically offers annual stipend amounts ranging from $3000 to $6000 as compensation for graduate student teaching assignments. These funds are separate from tuition scholarships. Some students do not receive teaching assignments, especially in the first semester of the program. Assignments are made according to interest/concentration and ability, and according to departmental needs.
Research SupportThe Graduate School of Arts and Sciences offers competitive opportunities for travel funds (for conferences) and research funds (field projects, travel to research institutions, etc.). Please consult the Graduate Study website for details and application forms.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.