A very broad discipline, mechanical engineering is about conceiving, designing, analyzing, making and improving mechanical products, processes and systems. From large scale all the way down to nanometer level.
This is only possible if you have a good understanding of the latest technological developments and the ability to place your own work in a social context.
Almost all graduates quickly find the job they are looking for in business and industry, as a designer, an engineer or a project leader.
Some start up their own company. For others, the research in the department proves to be so interesting that they decide to carry out their own doctoral research. But, of course, your career choice is not limited to the specialization that you selected during your master's program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core program
- Specialization courses
- Professional skills
- Individual space
- Graduation project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We strongly advise that you apply as soon as possible and ensure that your complete application arrives at TU/e by mid April at the latest.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
The expertise of the candidate will be assessed in the following topics:
- Mathematics Fundamentals, Calculus (including differentiation, integration, differential equations, vector calculus)
- Dynamics, Signals, Systems, and Control (including signal processing, modeling, identification, control design and system integration)
- Thermodynamics, Transport Phenomena (including first, second law, gas law, entropy, thermal cycles, convection, conduction, radiation, diffusion)
- Fluid and Solid Mechanics, Mechanical Properties (including Navier-Stokes equation, Bernoulli’s law, conservation laws, kinematics, equilibrium conditions, strain, stress, elasticity, FEM, boundary conditions)
- Construction and Design (including design principles and solutions, dynamic and thermo-mechanical behavior, compensation mechanisms).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2083 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Various scholarships are open to students wishing to follow a Master's program at Eindhoven University of Technology. A requirement of most scholarships is that you have been admitted to a Master's program before you may apply to the scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.