The program from Simon Fraser University, combines training in fundamental statistical methods and their applications in actuarial science, a project in the application or development of actuarial methodology, and the possibility of gaining work experience and course credit through the co-operative education program.
Our faculty members in Actuarial Science produce internationally recognized research. For example, according to the actuarial research ranking system developed by the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, SFU currently is ranked in second place in North America and in fourth place worldwide in the category of "Non-Business School Actuarial Science Rankings" for four leading actuarial journals. As a graduate student, you will have the opportunity to be mentored by these talented individuals.
The M.Sc. program prepares students for careers as actuaries in industry, government, consulting, and research organizations. In addition, graduates have the foundational training to continue on to Ph.D. studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Theory
- Linear Models and Applications
- Generalized Linear Models and Discrete Data Analysis
- Modern Methods in Applied Statistics
- Applications of Statistical Computing
- Statistical Consulting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
By early January, students apply for admission in the following September.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Statistics Actuarial Science View 91 other Masters in Business Administration in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.