Why choose this Master of Teaching (Primary) course at the Queensland University of Technology
This course will set you on the path to a primary teaching career if you have a bachelor degree in a course not leading to teacher registration.
The course complements the content knowledge obtained from your previous qualification, and the breadth of life and other experiences you can draw on in the teaching profession. You will be well prepared for your Professional Experience placements in real school settings and you'll also be supported by a supervising teacher in the classroom.
As a primary specialist, you will be prepared to teach all years in a primary school (Prep to Year 6). Your qualification can also allow you to work in other locations in Australia and overseas..
- Community Education Officer
- Deputy principal
- Head of department
- Primary School Teacher
- School principal
- Supporting Innovative Pedagogy with Digital Technologies
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Teaching EAL/D Learners
- Culture Studies: Indigenous Education
- Teaching in New Times
- English, Language and Literacies
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 198 other Masters in Education in Australia
- A completed recognised three or four year bachelor degree (or equivalent) not in education or a course leading to teacher registration with a minimum grade point average (GPA) score of 4 on QUT's 7 point scale (where 4 is a Pass); and
- At least one year full-time study relevant to one or more learning areas in the primary school curriculum. Primary school curriculum areas are English, mathematics, science, humanities and social sciences, the arts (music, drama, dance, media arts and visual arts), languages, health and physical education and technologies.
International29800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29800 AUD per year during 24 months.
National4000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.