The Construction Management and Engineering programme from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) focuses on the management and implementation of urban development processes with an emphasis on smart cities. In particular, it looks at:
- Energy Neutral Cities: creating more reliable models to estimate the effects of renewable energy technologies and promote energy savings through smart infrastructure design (e.g. autonomous vehicles) and behaviour adaptation.
- Urban Management: looking into socio-economic models to manage cities and forecast spatial effects and financial risks of policy measures by considering the emerging area of urban informatics (i.e. using sensors, GPS, social network data)
- Building Information Management: improving the effectiveness of the Architecture, Engineering and Construction process, including interoperability and open data management
The CME master’s program maintains very close links with the building industry as well as national and regional governments. Thesis projects are typically established in cooperation with companies, and students may work at the company during their project to gain valuable insight and experience.
When you have completed the CME master’s program, you will be familiar with the methodical analysis and process design of project and process management. This provides an excellent foundation to find employment in the field or continue your studies as a researcher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Process management
- Project management
- Collaborative design & engineering
- Legal & governance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We strongly advise that you apply as soon as possible and ensure that your complete application arrives at TU/e by mid April at the latest.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Management, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 56 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Bachelor's degree oriented in Architecture, Built Environment, Civil Engineering and Building Management.
Moreover, depending on the direction in the Master a more engineering oriented Bachelor may also fit.
Specific knowledge, skills and understanding is required in:
- mathematics and statistics
- research methodology
- building information modeling and/or analyzing and modeling geographical information
- urban planning OR building technology
Specific knowledge, skills and understanding is recommended in:
- urban development
- urban transportation
- smart cities
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2083 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Various scholarships are open to students wishing to follow a Master's program at Eindhoven University of Technology. A requirement of most scholarships is that you have been admitted to a Master's program before you may apply to the scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.