The Geography program of University of Victoria, British Columbia is designed to develop independent research abilities in a specific area of geography while enhancing career-relevant skills. The program involves students in coursework and research proposal development in year one, followed by independent research pursuits and thesis writing in year two.
The degree is research-focused (i.e., thesis or dissertation option) and are supplemented by nominal coursework designed to build knowledge and enhance research- and career-related skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geographical Research Approaches
- Research Design in Geography
- Advanced Spatial Analysis and Spatial Statistics
- Introductory GIS for Graduate Research
- Qualitative Methods in Human Geography
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 8 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Canada
- Statement of research interest: a brief statement (maximum 1 page) about your academic background (undergraduate and graduate studies) and the specific area of research you want to study for a graduate degree. Outline why you would like to study at UVic and why you wish to work with your potential supervisor.
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions you have attended
- Two assessment reports (letters of reference) from academic or professional references who are familiar with your work
- Proof of English proficiency, if applicable
International6499 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6499 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5182 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5182 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.